The Call for Presentations for the 37th Annual WNA Symposium is now out, with an 18th May deadline for submissions. The WNA Symposium is the nuclear industry’s premier event – an annual conference attended by over 700 leaders and specialists from more than 30 countries. The Symposium brings together the nuclear industry and its major stakeholders to discuss topics ranging from the nuclear fuel market to the practicalities of building new nuclear power plants.
The topics we are particularly looking to cover include, but will not be limited to:
• From mining to fabrication: the key issues for fuel supply in meeting growth.
• Adjusting to lower secondary supplies with the end of the US/Russia HEU Agreement.
• Keeping on track with waste management, decommissions and disposal.
• How the global supply chain can assist national industries to benefit from nuclear investments.
• Tried and tested: the challenges for our existing reactors.
• On budget, on time and on line: successfully implementing new build.
• Policy, technology and society: the challenges of future energy supply.
We welcome presentations on these and other topics from industry experts and external specialists. We particularly encourage proposals from professionals in emerging nuclear countries and from younger specialists.
Submitting a Proposal
Proposals for Presentations must be submitted in the form of an abstract by 18 May 2012 using this online form.