- Pollycove M., Human biology, epidemiology, and low dose ionizing radiation, presentation to NCRP, Bethesda, MD, 17 February 1998.
- Shadley J.D. & Dai G.Q., 'Cytogenic and survival adaptive responses in G-1 phase human lymphocytes', Mutat. Research, vol. 265, p27381, 1992.
- Cai L. & Liu S.J., 'Induction of cytogenic adaptive response of somatic and germ cells in vivo and in vitro by low dose x-irradiation' International Journal of Radiation Biology, vol. 58, p18794, 1990.
- United Nations Scientific Committee on Effects of Atomic Radiation (UNSCEAR) Report to the General Assembly, Annex B: Adaptive Response, United Nations, New York, 1994.
- Kelsey K.T., Memisoglu A., Frenkel A. & Liber H.L., 'Human lymphocytes exposed to low doses of x-rays are less susceptible to radiation induced mutagenesis' Mutat. Research, vol. 263, p197201, 1991.
- Fritz-Niggli H. & Schaeppi-Buechi C., 'Adaptive response to dominant lethality of mature and immature oocytes of D Melanogaster to low doses of ionizing radiation: effects in repair proficient and repair deficient strains' International Journal of Radiation Biology, vol. 59, p17584, 1991.
- Le X.C., Xing J.Z., Lee J., Leadon S.A. & Weinfeld M., 'Inducible repair of thymine glycol detected by an ultrasensitive assay for DNA damage' Science, vol. 280, p10669, 1998.
- Azzam E.I., de Toledo S.M., Raaphorst G.P. & Mitchel R.E.J., 'Low dose ionizing radiation decreases the frequency of neoplastic transformation to a level below spontaneous rate in C3H 10T1/2 cells' Radiation Research, vol. 146, p36973, 1996.
- Liu S.J., Multilevel mechanisms of stimulatory effect of low dose radiation on immunity. In "Low Dose Irradiation and Biological Defense Mechanisms", Excerpta Medica, Amsterdam, 1992.
- Makinodan T. & James S.J., 'T-cell potentiation by low dose ionizing radiation: possible mechanisms', Health Physics, vol. 59, p2934, 1990.
- Address at Massachusetts Institute of Technology by Roger Clarke, President of ICRP, 8 December 1997.
- Sinclair W. (President-Emeritus of NCRP), quoted in Nucleonics Week, vol. 36, no.46, 14 November 1996.
- Pierce D.A. et al, Studies of the mortality of atomic bomb survivors, Report 12, Part 1, Cancer 195090, Radiation Research, vol. 146, p127, 1996.
- Cohen B.L., 'The cancer risk from low level radiation', Radiation Research, vol. 149, 1998.
- Cardis E. et al, 'Effects of low dose and low dose rates of external ionizing radiation: Cancer mortality among nuclear industry workers in three countries', Radiation Research, vol. 142, p11732, 1995.
- Miller A.B. et al, 'Mortality from breast cancer after irradiation during fluoroscopic examinations in patients being treated for tuberculosis', New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 321, p12859, 1989.
- Howe G.R., 'Lung cancer mortality between 1950 and 1987 after exposure to fractionated moderate dose rate ionizing radiation in the Canadian fluoroscopy cohort study and a comparison with lung cancer mortality in the atomic bomb survivors study', Radiation Research, vol. 142, p295304, 1995.
- Davis H.G., Boice J.D., Hrubec Z. & Monson R.R., 'Cancer mortality in a radiation-exposed cohort of Massachusetts tuberculosis patients' Cancer Research, vol. 49, p61306, 1989.
- Evans R.D., Radium in man. Health Physics, vol. 27, p497510, 1974.
- Cohen B.L., 'The cancer risk from low level radiation', Health Physics, vol. 39, p65978, 1980.
- Raabe O.G., 'Three dimensional models of risk from internally deposited radionuclides', in Internal Radiation Dosimetry (ed. O.G. Raabe), Chapter 30, p63356, Medical Physics Publishing, Madison, WI, 1994.
- Lubin J.H. & Boice J.D., 'Lung cancer risk from residential radon: meta-analysis of eight epidemiological studies', Journal of National Cancer Institute, vol. 89, p4957, 1997.
- Cohen B.L., 'Test of the linear no-threshold theory of radiation carcinogenesis for inhaled radon decay products', Health Physics, vol. 68, p15774, 1995.
- Cohen B.L., 'Relationship between exposure to radon and various types of cancer', Health Physics, vol. 65, p52931, 1993.
| Validity of the Linear No-Threshold Theory of Radiation Carcinogenesis at Low Doses
Restore Frames | Sym Home | Programme | Back