- Personal communication, CEA, May 2002.
- PowerLine, November 2001, p10. This is based
on the assumption that all (recognized and unrecognized) captive power
plants operated at a capacity factor of 50% during the fiscal 2001-02.
- World Energy Outlook - 2000: Highlights, p48,
International Energy Agency, Paris.
- PowerLine, February 2001, p24
- Personal communication, CEA.
- Government of India, Ministry of Coal, Annual
- The Renewable Energy Act in Germany guarantees
levels of payment for electricity produced by renewable resources and
fed into the grid. Guaranteed rates for 2002 are solar (48.1 Euro cents
per kWh), wind (9), biomass (10.1) and so on. Notice the high values
even in a country where a lot is being done for renewable resources.
See 'Common Ground', February 2002, p9 for further details.